To categorize transactions manually:
- Go to the CFO module.
- Click the Transactions
- Select the checkbox(es) beside transactions you want to categorize. A panel with a list of categories will appear (left side).
- Move transactions by clicking and dragging one of them to a category on the left.
- Drop onto the highlighted category. The Rule Setting window will move out from the right side of the screen (see article on Rules). The selected category will be automatically highlighted in the rule section “Then”.
- If the system detects any common information between the selected transactions, then the “If” section fields will be pre-populated with specific data. Scan the pre-populated data to make sure you don’t want to modify it.
- To categorize the selected transactions only, click the Don’t add button (Rule will not be added).
- To apply categorization to selected and future transactions, click the Add rule button (Rule will be added).
- To apply categorization to applicable historical transactions, select the checkbox “Apply this rule to other occurrences”.
Note*: If at least one of the selected transactions was categorized and was used to build another rule, then the message “This action may overwrite an existing rule!” will appear in the Rule Setting window.