To open a chat panel:
- Click the Chat icon (top right of the workspace). Chat panel will move out from the right side of the window. The panel will display a list of Friends and Blocked users.
To pin/unpin the chat panel:
- Click the Chat icon (top right of the workspace). Chat panel will move out from the right side of the window.
- Click the Pin icon (top right of the chat panel). If the chat panel is pinned, the Pin icon will be pointed down and the panel will be immovable.
Note*: If you have received new chat messages, a red circle with a number of unread messages will be shown on top of the Chat icon.
To start a chat:
- In your friend list navigate to the user you want to chat with. If that user is online/offline, you will see a green/gray circle on the user’s profile.
- If that user is not in your friend list, type in the exact user’s name into the textbox (top of the chat panel).
- Click the Add a friend button below the textbox. Once successfully added, user’s name will appear in your friend list.
- Select that friend to start a conversation. Conversation panel will pop-up.
- Type in the message at the bottom of the panel.
- Click the Clip icon to attach images/files/links, if needed (top right of the conversation panel).
- Click Enter to send a message.
- Use the back arrow to navigate back to the friend list (top right of the conversation panel).
To block/unblock a friend:
- Start a chat with your friend.
- Click the down arrow (top right corner of the conversation panel).
- Select Block user from the pop-up message. After the user is blocked, a success message will pop up (bottom right corner).
- To unblock that user, click the Unblock user button (bottom of the conversation panel). After the user is unblocked, a success message will pop up (bottom right corner).