To apply a filter:
- Open the grid you want to filter.
- Mouse over the Filter button (top left of the action bar). The filter panel will move out from the left side of the screen.
- Click the arrow beside the appropriate filter header to view the list of filter items.
- Select the checkboxes of the filter items you want to apply.
- Click the Apply button (top right of the filter list). Once applied, visual indications appear next to filter headers and items, as well as on the filter button itself.
To show/hide the filter panel:
- Mouse over the Filter button (top left of the action bar). Filter panel will be displayed over the grid.
- Move out the cursor of the filter panel or filter button to hide filter panel.
To have filter panel in a fixed position:
- Click the Filter button so that it turns blue. The filter panel will shift right the grid content and keep it open until the button is clicked again.
Note*: multiple filter items can be applied.
To remove a filter:
- Mouse over the Filter button (top left of the action bar). The filter panel will shift right the grid content and will display the visual cues next to filter items that are applied.
- Click the visual cue next to a particular filter item you want to remove. The grid will be updated.
- If you need to remove all filter items, click Clear All (top right of the filter panel).
- For the textbox filters (e.g. Description), you can enter values in a text entry field. The textbox filter has the following options:
- Stemming: Finds words that contain part (the stem) of the specified search word. For example, a search for “open” finds instances of “opening”, “opened”, “opens”, and “openly”. This option applies only to single words.
- Match exact phrase: Finds the entire string of characters, including spaces, in the same order in which they appear in the textbox. This option applies to phrases.
Note*: Filtering is not case sensitive.
- For the checkbox filters (e.g. Account number), you can check/uncheck boxes next to the filter items you want to apply or use the “Select/Unselect All” checkbox at the top of the filter panel.
Use a textbox filter when:
- You are familiar with the data and trying to find items that you already know exist.
- Important attributes to be filtered are mostly open-ended values such as names.
A predefined list is a distinct list of filter values, that ensures consistency and makes it faster and easier for the users to hide unnecessary data and show only specific data they want to see.
Filtering via predefined checkbox list allows multiple value selection from a hierarchy dimension. Sometimes, only the first level of the hierarchy is visible in the checkbox list dialog, to view the next level you need to expand the first one. For example, to view the Account Number for the specific Bank (CFO > Transactions > Account Number filter), you need to click expand arrow beside the bank name.
To use the Date Range filter:
- Open the grid you want to filter.
- Mouse over the Filter button (top left of the action bar). The filter panel will be shown on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Date Range filter header. The filter panel will display full calendar month with the current date highlighted. Dates that belong to the previous/next month will be grayed out.
- To move through the months, click the right/left arrows. To move through the years/decades, click the month/year name header, then use the right/left arrows to navigate. Select a start and end date. The other option is to use shortcuts, select the date range from the list displayed below the graphical calendar.
- Once selected, the date range will be highlighted and displayed in the ‘Month DD, YYYY’ format (top of the graphical calendar).
- Click the Apply
Note*: If you previously selected a date range, but didn’t apply the filter to the new date range, then the old range will be retained.