Cashflow helps to manage and monitor your finances, as well as predict your money needs in advance. It is arranged as a grid that can show historical, current and forecast figures.
Cashflow is divided into six sections: Starting Balance, Total Inflows, Total Outflows, Net Change in Cash, Ending Cash Position, Balance Discrepancy. The Total Inflows and Total Outflows sections comprise of classified and unclassified transactions, displayed on the left side of the screen.
- Classified transactions have categories assigned to them. These categories break down financial data into smaller portions (e.g. Bills/Utilities, Paychecks/Salaries, etc.).
- Unclassified transactions do not have any categories assigned to them, they are accumulated under “Unclassified”.
Starting Balance shows the total amount of money in all bank accounts at the beginning of a period (year/quarter/month).
- To see the starting balance for a specific bank account, click on the Plus sign.
- To hide chart of bank accounts with starting balance details, click on the Minus sign.
Total Inflows shows the sum of all money received by an individual/organization, including, but not limited to, income from employment, property, transfer of capital assets, miscellaneous services and other sources. All total income details are shown above the field Total Inflows.
- To see classified total inflow details, click the Plus sign on a particular field.
- Field Unclassified is non-expandable, it shows the total inflow details in an unclassified format.
Total Outflows shows the sum of all money spent by an individual/organization, such as employee wages, payment to suppliers, shipping, office lease and other.
- To see classified total outflow details, click the Plus sign on a particular field.
- Field Unclassified is non-expandable, it shows the total outflow details in an unclassified format.
Net Change in Cash
Net Change in Cash shows the difference between Total Outflows and Total Inflows in a given period.
Ending Cash Position
Ending Cash Position shows the total amount of money remaining in all bank accounts at the end of a period (year/quarter/month).
- To see the ending cash position for a specific bank account, click the Plus sign.
- To hide chart of bank accounts with ending balance details, click the Minus sign.
Balance Discrepancy shows the difference between what the bank statement says and what transactions should be. Omitted and inaccurately recorded transactions are the primary reason for the discrepancy.